Monday, July 11, 2011

Hoping 'Deathly Hallows' is worth the wait

I didn't become a Harry Potter fan until this year. I have to thank my son for that.

I've seen the movies, and they've been enjoyable. I particularly liked the first and third ones. But if it weren't for AR (Accelerated Reader) points and the desire to help my son with reading strategies, I would have never cracked the books. AR is a program to promote reading comprehension and was part of my son's Language Arts grade.

Why would I care for a boy wizard who escaped a death curse by a power-hungry, dark wizard who seeks purity in magical families? But after my son did poorly on his first test, I decided to read J.K. Rowling's books only to help my son focus on its details. And I was hooked.

Despite altered story lines in the movies, I've enjoyed re-watching the films - some more than others. I'm hoping the final fight scene doesn't drag out too much, but my guess is it will. Gotta keep those who haven't read the book glued to the visual effects, right? Here's hoping Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 will do justice to the mesmerizing story of Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore. Can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment