Monday, November 7, 2011

Studio Movie Grill opens Nov. 11 - Get your free movie coupon!

Dinner and a movie at the theater is getting quite trendy in Phoenix. The newest Valley entry is Studio Movie Grill at 15515 N. Hayden Road (Hayden & Frank Lloyd Wright), Scottsdale. It's scheduled to open Nov. 11. Movie ticket prices vary.

The menu is filled with drinks, appetizers, burgers, chicken, quesadillas, tacos, desserts and even salads. Entrees are generally $6.25-$12.50. There's a kid's menu, too, as well as specials, such as Margarita Mondays ($2 off deal).

I'm a fan of this concept because it saves time. I am a time-starved mom. :) Prices are fairly close to fast-casual dining options. But you don't have to wait for a table and then rush to the movie. That to me is worth a few bucks.

While I know this benefits me, I sell it to my kids as a big treat to have dinner brought to their seat as they watch a new movie. This gets my angels to clean their rooms or be nice to each other. Maybe yours aren't as easily influenced. But mine get giddy with excitement when I mention going to a "fancy" theater. Why? They just think it's cool ordering burgers and chicken, and having someone refill their drinks. They're easy to impress.

To celebrate Studio Movie Grill's first location in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area, free tickets are being given away. Just click on this link to print out the coupon and enjoy a movie with a friend! The passes are good from Nov 11th through Dec 8th. Enjoy!

I've not checked out Studio Movie Grill yet. I'll post my thoughts on it once I go.

BTW, I noticed these items on theater's Web site. Check with theater for more info:
- Every weekend @ 11:00am showing @ ALL SMG Theaters.
$2.00 Admission
- Special Needs Screenings: "Auditoriums are adjusted with lights a little brighter, sound a little softer and no one minds if audience members dance, sing, shout or walk about during the movie and families can feel relaxed and comfortable enjoying the movie experience together."

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I finally had a chance to preview Studio Movie Grill. Its theaters are large. I sat in a black stationary chair with pull-out tray tables. It was comfy. You also have the option of sitting in office-style roller chairs at a long bar-like table. Waiters come to your table before the film to take your order, and about an hour later drop off your bill.

    Food options/quality was much like a fast-casual restaurant. I tried the steak quesadillas ($11.25). There are four pieces stuffed with meat and cheese served with tortilla chips and salsa. It was so filling and pretty yummy. I'd recommend subbing out chips for fruit for $2.50. I also think, unless you have a huge appetite, that you can share this with your movie date. My guest had the thin crust sun-dried tomato and chicken pizza ($10.50). Again, it was filling and can easily be shared.

    We did notice there is a pizza special (Endless Pizza Wednesdays) for $9.95 per person. During school breaks, this seems the perfect splurge dinner for our teen son. There's also a healthy options menu with fruit, veggies, grilled chicken tender, turkey burger and black bean burger.

    The theater has a bar in its lobby. And you can order from the bar menu at your seat. We were told the theater doesn't have age restrictions, so it seems you can drop off your tweens/young teens if they want to see a movie without mom or dad.

    ReplyDelete