Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Avengers mania at home

Every time The Avengers commercial comes on, my son perks up. "Mom, I want to see that."

I think, "Haven't you told me that a million times?" But I say, "You can go if you pay with your own money. I'll buy popcorn."

My daughter recently got into the begging. I think she doesn't want to be left out of the movie talk at school. With so many commercials for toys and the movie, what kid doesn't know Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and others will hit the big screen May 4?

I can understand their enthusiasm. I, myself, can't wait to see Robert Downey Jr. play Iron Man again. Oh, and that Thor guy isn't bad to watch either...But I play it off as though it's gonna be a burden to take them.

It's adorable watching my sometimes angels talk about a movie they both want to see. They didn't even argue when they were talking about the movies leading up the The Avengers last weekend. I took a photo to document their friendly discussion in front of the movie poster. They discussed how they wouldn't mind watching an Avengers movie marathon before the new release. We have several of the movies on DVD, so I can accommodate them at home.

Once in the car, the arguing again began. But for a moment, they had something in common.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment