Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why make another chihuahua movie?

I'm not surprised Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 is going straight to DVD on Sept. 18.

Check out an early scene.

I doubt I'll watch. Unfair to say? Maybe. But I'm back to being time starved and this isn't on my list of must-see films.

Now, I did enjoy the first movie. I didn't want to see it and made my mom take my kids. She swore it was funny, so I eventually saw it when it was released on DVD. I was totally shocked that I liked the goofy humor. I was OK with my kids wanting to own it. Shocking! So yes, it's in our DVD collection.

The second movie did not impress. That's why I question a third. But then again, Disney is big on animal flicks. Think of golden retriever Buddy, star of the Air Bud franchise that lead to a series of Air Buddies movies. This doesn't happen if the movies don't resonate with kids and moms. And while I know many moms who won't dare watch, they still buy these movies to put on for their kids to have a wholesome laugh or two. Besides, puppies can do anything and be adorable, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment